- Take a mix of carbohydrates and fast-assimilating proteins just before and during training.
- In the hours following training, approximately 4 to 8 hours post workout, take complex carbohydrates at regular intervals to increase muscle mass.
- Perform only one series per muscle district to start protein turnover and, at the same time, to witness a decrease in glycogen, therefore a greater protein demand.
- The combined use of proteins and carbohydrates amplifies the insulin response that mediates important anti-catabolic processes and stimulates protein synthesis.
- The intake of essential amino acids proves fundamental in post-training to stimulate the anabolic response.